Thursday 1 March 2012

Looking into game packaging templates

3For the packaging on my video game, I had to analyse the layout so that I could get a better idea of how to organise the content on both the front and back. Many video games sold on CD-ROMs today have a 'Games for Windows' logo as a banner (usually at the top of the game packaging). This symbolises that they are to be used on a Windows computer. Here is an example of a game's frontal packaging with this banner.


This banner is also used to set it apart from other console packaging. For example, a game for the Nintendo Wii will have a different logo compared to that of the packaging on Sony Playstation games. Below is a template of the 'Games for Windows' packaging that I used in my own planning.


Using this base template to create my packaging is a good idea because it allowed me to take into account what changes I needed to make. For example, I had to make sure that the game title was a bit further down from the very top otherwise it will be hidden by the 'Games for Windows' banner.

1 comment:

  1. Evidence of your research into similar products and your ability to follow the conventions of page design and layout.

    ReplyDelete