Monday 26 March 2012

Other Video Game Trailers

These are other video game adverts that I have found during my research. I can use these to show examples of the common conventions used in these types of adverts.


Advert 1


Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning - Launch Trailer from Nuuvem on Vimeo.



This is the first video game advertisement that I have found to display the common conventions of an action/fantasy style video game. This is one of the more important advertisements that I analysed, as it's genre is very similar to my own video game. This means that I can analyse the advert for ideas of costumes, film locations, etc.


Advert 2



This is the second video that I found during my research. It shows different conventions that are similar to my own project in terms of game play, as my game is also in a 2D style.


Advert 3


A.R.E.S. : Extinction Agenda Gameplay Teaser from Nenin Ananbanchachai on Vimeo.



This is the third advert that I decided to analyse in relation to my own game ideas. This is because this game relates to the idea of having side-scrolling elements.


Advert 4



This is the forth advert that I have analysed in relation to my own project. This is a game that is very similar to my own game in all the styles of game play elements (i.e. a side-scrolling "beat 'em up" style of gameplay). The game in this advert is the most relevant to my game idea out of all four of these other adverts.


Advert 5



This is the fifth advert that I have found during my research into other video game adverts. I chose to analyse this advert because it contains live action footage using real people.

1 comment:

  1. Evidence of your research into similar products but no analysis present.

    ReplyDelete